EU/EEA students (except for Bulgarians and Romanians)

Entry visa

EU/EEA students do not need a visa to enter the Netherlands, neither for a short, nor for a long stay. All they need is a valid passport.

Formalities on arrival:

  • If you are staying for just a short period (up to three months), you don’t need to register at the Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND) or the municipality (Gemeentelijke Basisadministratie, GBA). The only thing you need is a valid passport or valid national identity card.

  • If you are staying for more than four months, registration as an inhabitant of the municipality where you are staying is required. In this case, you may also apply for registration with the IND and an EU/EEA residence sticker. This is not compulsory, but it is highly advisable, as it will make a number of things easier.

► Non EU/EEA students